We’ve partnered up with our friends at Simply Bridal to offer a fun giveaway! For each comment on our blog or Facebook page, you’ll receive an entry towards a beautiful veil. This beautiful two-tier 50″ raw edge veil will be shipped directly to you. Moms, Bridesmaids and Grooms can also enter on your behalf. This includes shipping within the continental United States. Winner will be picked July 30th.
And now…those trends!
Wedding season is approaching and every year we are seeing new ideas trending throughout weddings! Every bride strives to make her wedding day unique and exciting for her guests, so why not add a fun and spunky detail to set your big day apart from others
More Than a One-Time Use
Finding dresses that your bridesmaids can wear again for other special events in the future is a great idea! Many bridesmaids spend their hard-earned money on their dress for your wedding day so why not make it a dress they can re-work for other occasions.
– Try finding a dress that is more on the simple side. This way the dress can be reworked with different accessories and jewelry depending on other events it will be worn to.
– Also, whatever your wedding color palette may be, try sticking to a neutral color if you want your bridesmaids to really feel like they can re –wear the dress. Colors like beige, black, navy or gray are great colors to use for your bridal party.
– However, if you’re truly committed to putting them in a color try using a color that you envision being worn elsewhere than a wedding day.
Back It Up
Since your closest girlfriends are going to be there to back you up on your big wedding day, why not return the favor with bridesmaids dress that looks fabulous coming AND going? Dresses with various back detailing and design are being seen more and more these days! This is the perfect way to add a special detail to make your bridesmaids look beautiful but at the same time they won’t upstage the bride. Try various back cutouts or strappy back details and you will keep everyone at the wedding’s interest!
Red Carpet Inspiration
Although you may not be dressing your bridesmaids in red, why not look to the red carpet for inspiration for dress silhouettes! If a chic-stylish wedding is the style you’re going for, why not let the red carpet of trendy celebrities be your guide? It’s the perfect place to spot a new and interesting look in order to keep your wedding day as on trend as possible!
Mix & Match
Many brides are finding the best way to dress the bridesmaids for the wedding is by having them in the same color so it’s cohesive but different style of dresses! This is a fantastic idea for brides who have bridesmaids that are all different shapes and sizes. Your bridal party will really appreciate this gesture, not only will they get to each wear their own style of dress but they can wear something that compliments their own body type as well.
– For the bridesmaid who is busty, she will most likely want to be in something that has straps for extra support.
– Bridesmaids with small busts can totally rock a strapless dress.
There are so many different body types, it can be difficult finding one style of dress to fit everyone correctly. This will ensure that everyone is comfortable on your big day and will make your bridal party more attractive than ever (without upstaging the bride of course!).
SimplyBridal.com in an online retailer of quality wedding dresses, bridesmaid gowns, and wedding accessories. Start in Los Angeles in 2011, SimplyBridal now delivers to North America, much of Europe, and parts of Asia Pacific. There are over 400 wedding dress styles and bridesmaid dresses come in 28 colors.